- WWE did everything they could on Sunday night at SummerSlam to keep Kevin Nash’s return a surprise. Nash was flown into Los Angeles on Saturday and kept away from the rest of the WWE roster. Only 3 or 4 people in the whole company knew about his return planned for SummerSlam. On Sunday, Nash was kept away in a different part of the arena and wasn’t brought over until right before or during the main event between John Cena and CM Punk. Nash’s return wasn’t listed on WWE’s official booking sheets either. Incoming search terms:kevin nash wwe returnwhat will kevin nashs roll be in wwewwe backstage news on kevin nash return 2011
Nero - 30/70 - WWE & TNA Wrestling News, Rumors, Results, Spoilers, Free Streams, Archived Episodes & More | NEROSMEDIA.COM's Posts
- Kofi Kingston wrote the following on Twitter last night after teaming with Evan Bourne, teasing that the two may team back up: “Me and @findevan beat the tag champs tonite AND we’re trending worldwide. Maybe we should team up more often.(*hand on chin pondering) hmm..” In other WWE tag team news from Twitter, The Usos wrote that they were watching the WWE Tag Team Champions David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty closely. It was recently reported that Triple H was looking to revive the tag team division. The Young Bucks and Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky received tryouts at Monday’s tapings and the team of Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli are expected to sign with WWE soon.
- Below is Daniel Bryan’s latest YouTube video, talking about the guillotine submission move: - TMZ picked up on the white mouse that could be seen running across the arena floor during last night’s RAW when John Cena was cutting a promo on Alberto Del Rio after the main event. - A press release was sent out today announcing dates for Mick Foley’s comedy tour in the UK later this year. They are: Wednesday 9th November – Manchester Thursday 10th November – Nottingham Friday 11th November – Newcastle Upon Tyne Saturday 12th November – London Venues will be announced soon. In the press release, Foley made a comment about the WWE return rumors: “I am enormously excited and relieved about my upcoming comedy tour. Excited about the prospect of telling stories, hearing laughter and fielding questions from some of my most loyal and dedicated fans. Relieved that I finally have a real answer to the one of the two questions I’m most frequently asked: when are you coming back to the UK? As far as that other question, about returning to WWE, I guess we’ll have to wait and see.” It’s interesting to note that WWE will be on tour in England from November 5th through the 12th, the same time as Foley.
- The August 13th episode of WWE’s AM RAW did a 0.45 cable rating with 562,000 viewers. - Last night’s WWE RAW with the fallout from SummerSlam did a 3.29 cable rating with 5,055,000 viewers, up from previous weeks. Hour one this week did a 3.4 rating with 5,248,000 viewers and hour two did a 3.18 rating with 4,861,000 viewers.
- WWE Superstar Santino Marella spoke withGeekChicDaily.com to promote the new line of Mattel WWE figures. Here are a few highlights: GeekChicDaily: You said you got rid of your unibrow for a wedding. What happened to the fauxhawk? Santino Marella: Well, you know, I’m trying to be a little more corporate and to be honest, it was exposing some weaknesses I had in my hairline. I have some thinning, male-pattern baldness and I want to cover it. The unibrow will be back in no time, don’t worry. GCD: What’s the process like of getting your own action figure made? SM: Sometimes the Mattel people come to where we’re performing Raw, and they’ll do pictures: a 360 profile, then for individual things like tattoos they’ll do close-ups of each individual tattoo and condense it down as accurately as possible. Sometimes they take individual photos of your shoes or kneepads, details of your outfit, then take all this information back and do it together. Then when they get back, that’s when the technology kicks in. That’s when they start making 3-D models and decorating based on the photos. GCD: If you could do a specific defining moment that’s more elaborate than the regular figure, what would it be? SM: Hmmm. I would like to see a two-pack with Vladimir Kozlov and the tag-team titles. We deserve that. We were a tag team for one year straight and that would be nice to see. GCD: But he’s no longer with the company, right? SM: Well, neither are the Legends… GCD: You’ve been hilarious as a comedic character, but there’s some feeling that it’s tough for a comedy wrestler to be in the main event. Do you think that’s right, or do you see yourself someday being the champ? SM: Interesting question; I debate that myself. You do have more longevity and always have a place when you’re the comedic component, but I know I’m developing the skills to become a main-event competitor. My grappling’s better; my conditioning is better. I’m more experienced. When I first started I was basically fresh, like a rookie. So it”s not something you can pick up very quickly. It takes many years. But I’m becoming better and Triple H actually told me that you can still be a comedy person, but you can now put the jokes on the other person instead of yourself. So I can still be funny and be competitive.
– During a recent interview with ABS-CBN News at WWE’s “Be A Star” event from Los Angeles last week to promote SummerSlam, WWE star John Cena spoke about what would happen if he ever stepped in the ring with boxing champion Manny Pacquiao. Cena had no problem admitting that Pacquiao would make short work of him: “I think it would be very quick, and the decision would be obvious,” Cena said. “Manny Pacquiao will knock me out in the 1st round.” “If Manny will enter the WWE, I would have to work a lot on my quickness. He is lightning quick,” Cena said. “So just give me a little bit of warning if he decides to (enter the WWE).” “I have a lot of respect (for Pacquiao). He’s done so much, not only for the Philippines. His popularity has transcended,” Cena said. – According to Hollywood insiders, former WWE diva Stacy Keibler and movie star George Clooney are still romantically involved – and have been spending a lot of time together in London, Italy and Los Angeles. Keibler is so smitten by her new man that she recently tweeted the following: “Life really could not be any better, I’m smiling all day long.” “RT @deepakchopra Love never forces. Love is intelligent and brings only what you need.” “I am the luckiest girl in the world!!!!” “When u know, u just know…”
– Madison Rayne has changed her Twitter handle to twitter.com/MRayneTNA. – TNA Wrestling has released the promotional poster for Bound For Glory, which takes place Sunday, October 16 at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The poster features Hulk Hogan, Sting, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Bobby Roode and James Storm. Incoming search terms:TNA bound for glory poster
Next year’s WrestleMania 28 from Miami could be the third WrestleMania to feature a boxing match, according to a report on BoxingScene.com. Heavyweight boxer Monte “Two Gunz” Barrett, a good friend of John Cena, says he is interested in fighting David Tua for a third time at WrestleMania next April. Barrett told the Boxing Scene that he plans to speak to Cena about putting the fight together. Barrett says he’s already exchanged text messages with Cena, who said he’d talk to WWE officials about it. Barrett, who is currently dealing with a broken jaw suffered in his fight against Tua this weekend, says he wouldn’t mind having the match in a steel cage. David Tua is a member of the Anoa’i family and is the nephew of WWE Hall of Famer Afa Anoa’i. As previously mentioned, this would not be the first time a boxing match was featured at WrestleMania. WrestleMania 2 featured a worked boxing fight between Rowdy Roddy Piper and Mr. T, while WrestleMania XV featured a legitimate tough-man fight between Bart Gunn and Butterbean.
- Mick Foley wrote the following on Twitter about not being included in WWE’s Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century DVD: “I’m not surprised I’m not on that greatest stars disc. I only had 9 matches with @WWE in the 21st century. Not hurt at all.” - Former World Champion Sid Vicious has been added to Awesome Wrestling Entertainment’s Bunkhouse Stampede event on October 15th in Fishersville, VA at the Night of the Legends. - As noted earlier, former TNA tag team Generation Me (The Young Bucks) worked a WWE tryout match yesterday. Apparently they wrestled against California independent wrestlers Joey Ryan and Scorpio Sky, who also received tryouts. Scorpio Sky was also one of the security guards that stopped CM Punk from getting to the ring where Kevin Nash was. Matt Jackson of Generation Me wrote on Twitter that it was a “very interesting day” while Nick Jackson, his brother, asked fans where should The Young Bucks wrestle next.
- Loree Bischoff, Eric Bischoff’s wife, noted on Twitter that the cover for a new book she is writing is going through the design phase and will be done soon. - Matt Hardy wrote the following on Twitter about getting ready to return to the ring: “I’m ready.. It’s time for me to get back in the ring. I’m gonna train my ass off & get ready for the day-wherever it may be. Preach.” - TNA X Division wrestler Zema Ion noted on Twitter that he is suffering from an injury. He wrote: “off to the doctor to see wtf this chest pain ive been having for last 4 days is all about… bruised sternum. wonder how that happened?” - Coming out of this weekend’s TNA live events, here are the updated Bound For Glory Series standings: * Crimson – 50 points * Bully Ray – 42 points * Robert Roode – 35 points * James Storm – 33 points * Brother Devon – 30 points * Gunner – 28 points * Rob Van Dam – 25 points * AJ Styles – 21 points * The Pope – 17 points * Scott Steiner – 14 points * Samoa Joe – negative 10 points * Matt Morgan – injured with 24 points